Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Last night was one of those nights I felt like quite possibly the SHITTIEST mother ever.....Sam had a meltdown last night at about 11:00.....I tried SO hard to stay calm and maintain SOME patience but she just kept freaking out, kicking, screaming, crying...it was a doozy! I HAD to walk away, I couldn't calm her down, couldn't rationalize with her, and coddling and comforting was the LAST thing I wanted to do...my patience had totally gone away and I had to walk out before I did something regrettable. Then of course "Daddy the hero" walked in, laid down with her and she INSTANTLY calmed down...I felt like shit and about 2 inches tall. I HATE moments like that, when I feel like a crappy mom, doing things I swore I'd never do.....ugh.......

5 comments:

~Nancy~ said...

OMG.. girlie.. I'm so sorry for you! Hang in there sweetie! XOXO Nancy

Jaime said...

Sorry anne! it does suck to go through that........but you are not alone! hugs to you!

Lucy Chesna said...

sorry girlie..I know how it feels...you are not alone ((HUGS))

Pat said...

I can so feel your pain! My hubby has been an awesome dad, but he is so tenderhearted he can't bear to discipline - so guess who always got to do that!?! ...so I have had my share of days like this!
Just remember that this too shall pass - the payoff? - grandkids! Now they love us both and it's their parents they can't stand! LOL!

Jude said...

Remember, no one should ever judge you or your kiddos by their worst moments!! LOL... I think every mom has felt like this, doing soemthing you thought you never would with your own kiddos!